Release Notes: Version 20.1.1 | January 16, 2020
You want a better experience using Client View, so you can easily see what clients are seeing to better serve them. You also want to be able to manually add non-linked accounts to your clients’ dashboards, and bring in outside accounts without having to contact the service team. So we’re updating our software to make those improvements.
These changes – find details below – in effect Thursday, January 16, 2020.
What’s Changing: Who Can Use Client View
- Until now, only certain Salesforce users could use Client View in the Client Experience. We made changes to our authorization process to expand that function and improve access.
- With this update, users can now use Client View for the same clients in CX as they can see in Salesforce.
How It Works
- To access a client’s view, navigate to the client in the Advisor Dashboard and select “Impersonate Client.”
- If you’re not logged in to Salesforce, you will see the login screen for Salesforce.
- Click “Sign In with Salesforce” and follow your normal login process. (If you are already logged in, you might not see these steps.)
- Click “Allow” to give our site access to Salesforce to determine what households you’re authorized to see.
- From there, you should see the client’s view in CX.
- Any household visible to you in Salesforce should be visible through Client View in Salesforce.
- To use Client View, users must navigate from the Advisor Dashboard. If they do not, they will see an error page that navigates them back to the Advisor Dashboard.
- If a user’s Salesforce login has expired, they will be required to log in to Salesforce.
- Authorized households are updated on each login, but changes to a user’s authorized households in Salesforce can take as long as five minutes to take effect.
- It’s possible users will need their data “groomed” if the client has never logged in to the CX, which could cause a short delay in the data loading – approximately 10 seconds.
- For help, contact CEOsupport@carsongroup.com.
What’s Changing: Advisor-Level Users Can Add Manual Accounts
- Clients could already manually add non-linked accounts. Now, advisors can perform that task for their clients, too.
How it works
- In “Client View,” in the “Account Summary” panel, select “Add Accounts.”
- Select “Add Manually” to add a non-linked account for the client.
What’s Changing: New Quovo Institutions
- We have modified the types of institutions that we automatically authenticate through our Quovo integration. Clients will see more institutions – TD Ameritrade, Schwab, etc. – that they can use to bring in outside accounts without having to contact the service team.