In today’s episode of Framework, Ana talks with Dr. Ajamu Loving, Assistant Professor of Finance at The University of North Texas at Dallas.
Dr. Ajamu is the first black Ph.D. recipient for Personal Financial Planning in the profession. For years, he has been a voice for more diversity and inclusivity in the finance world. Currently, when he’s not teaching or doing research, he hosts the podcast Loving Consulting.
Dr. Ajamu talks with Ana about the impact of building generational wealth, maintaining good health, and prioritizing diversity in firms.
“They’re not just ‘wants’; they’re goals. I know I want to do those things, and so I’m going to attach my behavior to where it is that I want to go, what I want to do. I’m happy about living a budgeted lifestyle. Why precisely? Because I am getting to do what I want to do. It’s about perspective. It’s about deciding to be an adult.” ~@ajamuloving
- Generational wealth is not just money, assets, and investments that are passed from one generation to the next, it’s also about training the next generation on financial discipline and determined behavior towards achieving long-term goals.
- Maintaining health is correlated to maintaining wealth. If you want to enjoy the full life and that financial freedom you’re aiming for, then just like when saving money, you must pay attention to the lifestyle choice you make.
- Diversity shouldn’t just be a statement. It has to be your firm’s top goal if you want to make an impact in the future of finance.
Links and Important Mentions
- Dr. Ajamu Loving on LinkedIn
- Dr. Ajamu Loving on Twitter
- Dr. Ajamu Loving on Instagram
- Loving Consulting Podcast
- Dr. Ajamu Loving on Money and You | Facebook
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Excell 2021
Get Your Free Blueprinting Guide
The first step to setting up the framework of your business is to have the right blueprint. But knowing what goes into that blueprint is half of the battle. We put together a free resource that you can use to set your firm down the right path.
Go to CarsonGroupCoaching.com to get your free blueprinting guide.