Every morning, our partner firms join a call to discuss the markets, business operations, troubleshoot challenges, and hear the latest we are providing for them. As uncertainty strikes the U.S., both from a public health perspective and a market perspective, we’ve decided to share these calls to help you adapt to the constant changes advisors are facing.
Here’s what we discussed today:
- “Fired the Bazooka”: The Fed acted proactively in anticipation of an economic downturn by lowering interest rates over the weekend and by purchasing $700B of additional securities. The Fed has been acting more quickly and effectively than they did in 2008.
- Bull Market Ends: Last week ended an 11-year bull market. The decline is due to an outside shock (COVID-19) and could make for a downturn with a quick and sharp rebound, but we don’t know yet.
- Already in a Recession?: We don’t need to wait for the analysis to come out months from now. Investment funds are being exposed from overextensions and you’ll see massive liquidation. Every past market crash looks like an opportunity, but every future market crash looks like a risk – you’re not going to be able to call the bottom. Invest incrementally and carefully.
- Washington Moves: We are still watching to see what kind of government help will be offered to struggling businesses and individuals, as well as medical movements toward a vaccine and containment.
On today’s call we mentioned these additional resources, which we provide to or for all of our partners:
- Investment Expert Roundtable: What to Watch in the Markets
- Downloadable Resource: Coronavirus and the Markets: Analyzing Economic Risk and Recovery in the Fight Against COVID-19
Want to Join the Call?
Carson Partners are included in a daily web conference, where they hear from industry experts and catch up on the latest news. The more you’re informed, the better you can serve your clients. Partners are supported with research and market analysis, as well as marketing, back-office support, compliance, and the latest technology.
Interested in partnership? Schedule a complimentary consultation today.
Were You Prepared for the COVID-19 Market Downturn? How to Prepare Your Business for the Short and Long Term
“Business as usual” is no longer a viable option as the coronavirus continues to spread. Businesses have adapted and are encouraging employees to work from home.