Carson Partner firms are now able to drop their FINRA registration and solely operate as an Investment Advisor Representative of the RIA.
Through this offering, which we’re calling the Carson Brokerage Solution, we will purchase and service your brokerage book of business while you keep your client relationships. By using this approach, you won’t have to send clients with brokerage or insurance business to other firms that may have a competing interest for the clients’ assets.
The true value of the service comes in the resources you save by cutting ties with a broker/dealer – and its requirements.
- More streamlined audit and compliance experience
- Fewer continuing education requirements
- No more broker/dealer fees
- No more secondary marketing reviews
- No more duplication of operations work and submissions.
Ron Carson, Carson’s founder and CEO, recently announced that because of this solution, he’s dropping his personal FINRA registration to operate as an Investment Advisor Representative of the RIA.
“We are all about making the complex simple,” Carson said. “This is just an added value for our partners. Many of these firm owners are buried in brokerage fees and compliance and they lose resources that should be devoted elsewhere. It’s time to fix that.”
When the Brokerage Solution was announced at Omaha Partner Summit in the fall of 2018, there was audible excitement among firm owners.
“This is pretty unique to the industry, and it’s why we are getting so much interest early on,” said Teri Shepherd, President of Carson. “We’ve been hearing about the issues facing advisors with brokerage business for years, so we committed to helping them find a solution.”
We have a team within Carson devoted to servicing all brokerage business, who will work with you during and after the sale to make sure the transition is smooth. Meanwhile, you maintain the primary client relationship through your advisory business.
The Carson Brokerage Solution also has several advantages for your clients.
- It keeps all of their brokerage accounts under the same umbrella as their advisory accounts, allowing our team to more efficiently assist advisors and clients.
- It removes the need to explain the differences between the broker/dealer and the RIA.
- It frees the advisor to spend more time focusing on the fiduciary relationship with the client.
- They will receive consolidated statements straight to their current client dashboards.
To learn more or start utilizing the Brokerage Solution, download our overview sheet, which includes more information on selling your brokerage business and contact information for the Carson Brokerage Solution team.