Kristen brings twelve years of administrative experience, wherein she has mastered the ability to lead and assist by assessing current needs, initiating change, and executing projects. She works closely with Ron and executive team to execute the Carson Group’s vision through strategic communication and will manage key internal and external relationships to drive company growth. Kristen loves the challenges, responsibility and development that goes along with providing this type of support.
With only two courses left, Kristen is close to completing her Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology with an emphasis in Anthropology and minor in Biology. An avid learner, she anticipates continuing her education in some sort of capacity following graduation.
Kristen is originally from California, but grew up in Dallas, Texas. She moved to Omaha in 2012 and enjoys finally being able to experience four distinct seasons. Even if it means snow in mid-April! In her free time, Kristen can usually be found spending time with her daughter Kaya and their two dogs Bob and Daphne. She also enjoys ballet, cooking, gardening, sub-par karaoke, and a good book.
Getting to know Kristen
- Favorite food: Hotdogs at any live sporting event—preferably a Dallas Cowboys game.
- Best piece of financial advice Kristen received: “If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.” -Dad
- Favorite quote: “Avoid humorless souls—keep them on a shelf and take them down for Thanksgiving.” -Jeffrey Tambor
- If Kristen could meet anyone, past or present, it would be…Georgia Hardstark and Karen Kilgariff from the My Favorite Murder podcast.
- Hidden talent/skills: Is being able to eat a waffle in four bites a talent?
- Favorite book: Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder and anything true crime-related.
- Favorite movie or TV show: Seinfeld; Game of Thrones; Stranger Things
- What motivates Kristen: Wanting to be a positive role model for my daughter.
- Favorite holiday: Christmas because it’s the most wonderful time of the year!
- Something on Kristen’s bucket list: conquer my fear of scuba diving
- Place Kristen would most like to visit: Japan during cherry blossom season
- Biggest accomplishment: Finishing two half marathons and keeping another human alive for 10+ years!