Director, Systematic Equities
As Director of Systematic Equities and Portfolio Manager for QBI, Rick designs high-quality portfolios with risk reduction and return enhancement features for clients desiring appropriate performance.
Rick is a founding partner of QBI Financial and oversees QBI’s investment process and team. Earlier in his career, Rick served as a portfolio manager for the endowment Ensign Peak Advisors where he managed global equities and served on the asset allocation committee. He earned an MBA from the BYU’s Marriott School of Management, a BS in Psychology from Brigham Young University, and the Chartered Financial Analyst designation (CFA). He is also an Eagle Scout.
While at BYU, Rick ran track and cross-country and became an NCAA All-American in the 3000 meter steeplechase. Today, he enjoys watching his children compete at the state and national level in long distance running, and any other activities in which his children participate. He volunteers as a youth leader in his church and in the community.
Getting to know Rick
- Best piece of financial advice you received “Slow and Steady Wins the Race” – Aesop
- Favorite book – “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss”
- Favorite quote “Remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act” – Dr. Seuss
- Favorite TV show Watching “When Calls the Heart” with my Wife
- Greatest Accomplishment Marrying my beautiful wife and together having eight children!
- Favorite holiday Thanksgiving with my family