Industry leaders Carson Group, Fidelity Institutional®, Financial Independence Group and Mariner Wealth Advisors announced the finalists for the first-ever Excell REPRESENT Women in Wealth Management Awards.
The awards celebrate and honor the women (and men!) who are making a difference in financial advice, the representation of women in the field, and in their communities. Winners will be announced live at the Excell REPRESENT Women in Wealth Awards ceremony in Nashville on November 9. The event will be emceed by industry consultant, Suzanne Siracuse, who launched the InvestmentNews Women to Watch awards in 2015.
The awards recognize achievement in five areas and finalists include:
Community Influence Award
Highlights a woman who is using her platform or area of expertise to give back to her community in a meaningful way that generates a lasting impact on that community.
- Kamila Elliott, CFP®, Founder and CEO, Collective Wealth Partners, CFP Board Chair
- Stacy Francis, CFP®, CDFA, President & CEO, Francis Financial, Inc. and Founder of Savvy Ladies
- Sheryl Hickerson, Founder & Chief Engagement Officer, Females & Finance
Industry Transformer Award
Honors a woman who is driving transformation and innovation in wealth management and someone who is bringing real change for the overall betterment of our industry at large or those we serve.
- Hannah Moore, CFP®, Founder and CEO, Amplified Planning
- Kristi Martin Rodriguez, Senior Vice President, Nationwide Retirement Institute®
- Dana Wilson, Founder and CEO, Changing How Individuals Prosper (CHIP)
Rising Star Award
Recognizes a woman, with five years or fewer in the industry, who is already making a difference in wealth management or to her clients. This emerging leader shows ongoing dedication by contributing to our profession through industry volunteerism or by sharing her views and best practices on a variety of key topics.
- Liv Gagnon, Co-Founder, Choir
- Lindsey Lewis, MBA, ChFC®, CFP®, Director & Chair, the American College Center for Women in Financial Services
- Anna N’Jie-Konte, MBA, CFP®, Founder and Financial Advisor, Dare to Dream Financial Planning
Mentor of the Year Award
This award is open to both men and women who have acted as both mentors and allies to many women in the wealth management industry. This honoree has actively supported women through career advice in growing their practices, navigating through their organizations, and getting paid fairly, or for creating a culture of empowerment at their firm that empowers women to advance and bring their full selves to work.
- Melanie Hasty-Grant, Founder and Senior Wealth Advisor, Waterstone Private Wealth Management,
- Jamie Hopkins, Managing Partner of Wealth Solutions, Carson Group
- Kay Lynn Mayhue, CFP®, AEP®, RFC®, President, Merit Financial Advisors
Career of Excellence Award
Honors a woman who has been in the financial advice profession for a minimum of 20 years and who has demonstrated success and leadership in her career, along with a proven ability to affect change in the industry. The honoree will have served as a mentor/role model and advocate for other women and has used her influence to champion discussion and solutions around diversity and inclusion.
- Carina Diamond, Chief Growth Officer, Dakota Wealth Management
- Lazetta Rainey Braxton MBA, CFP®, Founder & CEO of Lazetta & Associates and Co-CEO, 2050 Wealth Partners
- Margaret Starner CFP®, Senior Vice President, Financial Planner, The Starner Group of Raymond James
“We know that representation is critical to the future of our industry. This community is a powerful one and I’m convinced that if we work together, we can create lasting change. This year’s nominees are positively impacting the industry and represent the problem solvers, innovators and disrupters in the profession, and we are pleased to recognize and honor their achievements,” said Suzanne Siracuse, founder and CEO of Suzanne Siracuse Consulting Services LLC.
Finalists for each category were selected by a panel of industry leaders with a track record of supporting women and other diverse communities. Winners will be announced live at the Excell REPRESENT Women in Wealth Awards ceremony in Nashville on November 9. Those not in attendance can follow conference happenings, including the award winners, on Twitter @CarsonGroupLLC #ExcellRepresent.