Recessions are periods of economic contraction that typically last for several months or longer.
With all the news about a possible recession for 2024, will we actually experience one?
In this episode, Ryan Detrick, Chief Market Strategist at Carson Group & Sonu Varghese, VP, Global Macro Strategist at Carson Group, explore some of the indicators and factors that suggest that the current economic situation is not indicative of a recession, and that the stock market is still optimistic about the future. They also pay tribute to Charlie Munger, one of the most influential and respected investors of our time, and share some of his wisdom and insights on investing and life.
Ryan and Sonu discuss:
- The strong performance of stocks in November and the resilience of the 60/40 portfolio
- An analysis of the S&P 500 performance after gaining 8.9% in a month
- Quotes and insights from Charlie Munger, emphasizing his ability to connect with people through stories and his advice on investing
- The Dow and S&P 500 are at or near all-time highs, indicating that the market is looking forward and suggesting that a recession is not currently expected
- The strong performance and growth in manufacturing and construction sectors
- An Analysis of the robustness of balance sheets in corporate America and households
- The sustained strength of consumer spending, with references to net wealth, stock ownership, and consumption trends
- And more!
- Any questions about the show? Send it to us! We’d love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Ryan Detrick:
Connect with Sonu Varghese: