With signals of growth faced against global uncertainties, what can we expect from the global economy in 2024?
How will these factors affect the performance of various sectors and markets, and what strategies can investors adopt to navigate this year?
In this episode, Ryan Detrick, Chief Market Strategist at Carson Group & Sonu Varghese, VP, Global Macro Strategist at Carson Group, share their 2024 outlook on the economy and stock market. They analyze the surprises from 2023 and explain why there is still no likelihood of a recession. Additionally, they explore potential Fed rate cuts and provide an outlook for bonds, housing, manufacturing, and fixed income strategies.
Ryan and Sonu discuss:
- Surprises and trends from 2023, including economic growth and employment gains
- The main drivers to avoid a recession
- The current labor market, job creation, unemployment rate, and wage growth
- Productivity’s impact on economic growth and the outlook for 2024
- The likelihood of future rate cuts by the Federal Reserve and their potential impact on the economy
- The outlook for stocks and bonds in 2024
- The influence of housing demand, supply, and interest rates, as well as the impact of fiscal policy on manufacturing and construction
- The market’s historical performance in midterm and pre-election years
- The strength in small and mid-cap stocks
- And more!
- Any questions about the show? Send it to us! We’d love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Ryan Detrick:
Connect with Sonu Varghese: