I was honored to chat markets and the economy with Mike Santoli on CNBC’s new Overtime show the day before Thanksgiving. It was a fun hit, and it was great to get four solo minutes on air. It always amazes me how quickly four minutes go by when you are in the hot seat, but Mike is one of the best in the business, and I had a blast.
Here are some of the things we discussed:
- Why the October lows are likely ‘the lows’ for the bear market
- Why we are attracted to small caps
- Why the U.S. could avoid a recession next year (not a popular call)
- Credit markets are holding tough, and the consumer is still very healthy
- None of the last 13 recessions started in a pre-election year
Unfortunately, we didn’t have the opportunity to discuss our Thanksgiving dinner plans, but I had turkey, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. It was great!
You can watch the interview here: