The stock market is often a reflection of the economy, the consumer, and the sentiment of the investors.
Based on the increases we’ve seen over the past four weeks, what can we expect for the end of the year?
In this episode, Ryan Detrick, Chief Market Strategist at Carson Group & Sonu Varghese, VP, Global Macro Strategist at Carson Group chat about the year-end rally in the stock market, exploring factors such as seasonal trends, the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy, and positive market sentiment. Additionally, they touch on record-breaking Black Friday sales, potential interest rate cuts, and the impact on the housing market.
Ryan and Sonu discuss:
- The year-end rally in the stock market and the shift in sentiment from bearish to bullish
- The S&P’s four-week win streak and the significance of persistent buying in the market
- The broadening participation of sectors and stocks in the market rally
- Black Friday sales and statistics
- Consumer debt and net worth, highlighting how households are in better financial shape now compared to pre-COVID times
- Why the increase in mortgage rates did not have a significant impact on the consumer and the housing market
- A speculation on the potential for inflation to decrease and rate cuts to occur in 2024
- And more!
- Any questions about the show? Send it to us! We’d love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Ryan Detrick:
Connect with Sonu Varghese: