In today’s episode of Framework, Jamie talks with Suzanne Siracuse, former Publisher and CEO at InvestmentNews.
Suzanne has a long history in the financial planning profession and oversaw the growth of InvestmentNews to where it is today. While there, she focused on building new revenue streams and focused on different niches within the financial services industry. Though some things worked better than others, she realized early on that the media industry was changing and that diversification was going to be important to survival.
In this episode, Suzanne talks about the challenges facing media, what she’s hoping to accomplish since leaving InvestmentNews, and the importance of breathing new life into the industry as a whole. There’s also conversation about the beauty of Italian food and, of course, Italian wine.
“I did a lot of listening. I asked a lot of questions and I wasn’t afraid to say, ‘I don’t know the answer to this. Can you help me understand it?’ That is how I developed really deep relationships in the industry early on. I was curious about the people I was calling on. ” ~ @suzsiracuse
- Relationships are critical for revenue. Make sure to listen to your industry and develop a deep understanding of it.
- Diversifying revenue streams, in business or personal life, is critical because avenues for money can change quickly.
- The financial planning industry needs to work on getting more people to work for the industry as well as increase the talent coming into it.
- We should aim for a much better understanding of what the profession can bring and what it can do for individuals and their families.
Links and Important Mentions
- 40 under 40
- Women to Watch
- Icons and Innovators
- Retirement Income Summit
- Suzanne Siracuse On LinkedIn
Get Your Free Blueprinting Guide
The first step to setting up the framework of your business is to have the right blueprint. But knowing what goes into that blueprint is half of the battle. We put together a free resource that you can use to set your firm down the right path.
Go to CarsonGroupCoaching.com to get your free blueprinting guide.
Subscribe and Stay in Touch
ESQ., MBA, CFP®, LLM, CLU®, ChFC®, RICP®