On today’s episode of Framework, Jamie chats with Renee Baker, Head of PCG Advisor Inclusion Networks at Raymond James, Renee Baker.
Before joining Raymond James, Renee was a Chief Marketing Officer for Carillon Tower Advisers and an Adjunct Professor for the University of South Florida and Wilmington University. Renee has remained focused on advocating for increasing representation in the industry while helping advisors grow their businesses.
Renee talks with Jamie about the importance of education, the need for addressing microaggressions in the industry, and her journey to being an inclusive leader.
“How do we change the face of wealth management, change the conversation, and meet the problem where it’s at? It’s visibility, addressing microaggressions in the industry, and also making sure that there’s not a disconnect between those things.” ~ @ReneeBakerRJ
- Education is the best investment you can make. It gives you a stable footing in your career, opens you up to opportunities, and teaches you lifelong skills.
- Alongside the commitment to advisors and investors, inclusive leadership must be practiced. Leaders should be sympathetic. Listening to people’s stories can make you an effective problem solver and leader.
- Microaggression is an increasing problem in the wealth management industry. Create an environment that is engaging for women, black, and pride groups, too.
Links and Important Mentions
- Renee Baker on LinkedIn
- Renee Baker on Twitter
- Advisor Inclusion Networks – Raymond James
- Jack Campbell
- Rutgers University
- Wilmington University
- Pennsylvania State University
Transform the Way You Grow Your Firm at Excell 2021
Whether you’re just starting in the industry or you manage a billion-dollar firm, Excell 2021 is for you. As one of the largest conferences in the industry, we have a full slate of development opportunities for you and your entire team. Hear from Carson Founder and CEO Ron Carson, best-selling author John DiJulius, Nerd’s Eye View’s Michael Kitces, Framework Host Jamie Hopkins, and plenty more.