Executive Business Coach
Each business or practice is a unique “ecosystem” with its own personality and features. Tammy finds that by understanding the history, the team, and what makes each practice tick, she can advise how to implement improvements or processes in the way that will work effectively for them. She gets “under the rug,” so to speak, to really understand the story behind changes advisors want to make, and who is involved – this helps Tammy get to the real issues with them, and target the root of where to begin.
Tammy is passionate about helping advisors draw real satisfaction from their practices – that includes running a business that functions well to support their bigger wants and purpose in life. Not take them away from it.
Prior to joining Carson Group, Tammy spent 10 years of private consulting as the Principal Consultant of Catalyst Partners, a company she founded in 2008. At Catalyst, Tammy specialized in providing hands-on business counsel and leadership advice exclusively to owners of Independent RIAs and their key staff, to help them grow stronger, more profitable businesses. Previous to launching Catalyst, she served for seven years in successive roles as Director of Practice Management and Director of National Sales Development for H&R Block Financial Advisors (now Ameriprise Financial Services) in Kansas City. There she managed a team responsible for increasing client acquisition and productivity for financial advisors in 120 retail offices.
Tammy has a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from Kansas State University and an Executive MBA from the Henry W. Bloch School of Business at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She and her husband, Darrin, live in Wichita, Kansas.
In her free time, Tammy enjoys time at the lake with family and her husband, Darrin; cooking for fun and investigating unique eateries off-the-beaten-path.
Getting to know Tammy
- Favorite food – Indian Food
- Best piece of financial advice Tammy received – Avoid paying interest.
- Favorite quote – “Surround yourself with people who believe in you and your dreams’”
- Hidden talent/skills – Tammy can assemble IKEA furniture without going crazy
- Favorite movie or TV show – The Magicians, Forensic Files, Best In Show
- What motivates you – untangling complex issues and making things functional and happy
- Favorite holiday — Thanksgiving
- Place Tammy would most like to visit — Bermuda
- Biggest accomplishment – maintaining a group of meaningful, long-lasting friendships