Casting a spotlight on the significance of pattern recognition, it allows us to discern underlying trends within the complex landscape of the financial advisory industry, helping us make informed decisions and adapt to changing circumstances.
In this episode, Jamie Hopkins, Managing Partner of Wealth Solutions, and Ana Trujillo Limón, Director, Coaching and Advisor Content, sit down with Angie Herbers, Managing Partner at Herbers & Company, a management consulting firm for independent financial advisors. Angie talks about how her company helps financial advisors manage their work. She stresses the value of knowing what customers want and points out two big trends: more people wanting help with taxes and a growing interest in alternative investments, particularly cryptocurrencies. Angie also talks about the challenges of staff changes and planning for the future in the advisory world. She explains the difference between giving advice and guiding personally, highlighting that trust and individual goals are key in making choices.
- An overview of her company, Herbers & Company, a management consulting firm for independent financial advisors
- Her talent for recognizing patterns and following trends
- The importance of consumer data in the advisory industry and how Herbers & Company conducts consumer studies
- The various economic changes leading to increased turnover and succession planning in the industry
- The difference between consulting and coaching, and how they compliment each other
- The challenge of placing less experienced advisors in administrative roles and using logic and capacity as a solution
- How training programs and job descriptions have evolved over time in the financial industry
- And more
Connect with Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limón:
Connect with Angie Herbers:
About our Guest:
Angie Herbers is the founder and managing partner of Herbers & Company, a management consulting firm dedicated to helping financial advisory firms. For the past two decades, Angie has been dedicated to advancing the financial advisory profession.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.