Get ready to uncover Aaron Schumm’s unique insights on retirement planning, problem-solving and industry challenges that will make you rethink retirement planning.
In this episode, Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limón speak with Aaron Schumm about his journey from aspiring stockbroker to CEO and founder of Vestwell. They delve into why Aaron asks candidates about their motivations for working in retirement and what he looks for in their responses.
Aaron also shares more about his passion for problem-solving and making a positive impact through his work, Vestwell’s mission to revolutionize retirement savings, the opportunities presented by the SECURE Act, the importance of language in the industry, the challenges of jargon and much more.
- How he went from wanting to become a stockbroker to becoming the CEO and founder of Vestwell.
- Why he asks candidates why they want to work in retirement and what he looks for in their responses.
- His drive to solve problems and make a positive impact on people’s lives through his work.
- Vestwell’s mission to change the retirement landscape with efficient and scalable savings solutions for businesses and individuals.
- The new opportunities that the SECURE Act presents for retirement planning and how Vestwell is prepared to handle the changes.
- The importance of language in the retirement savings industry and how using terms like “savers” instead of “participants” can help engage people.
- The challenges of industry jargon and how it can be confusing for both professionals and clients.
- And more!
- Friends: Phoebe Works In Corporate For Benefits and a 401(k)
- Franklin Templeton: “Managed Accounts” Is A Terrible Name by Kevin Murphy
Connect with Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limón
Connect with Aaron Schumm
About our Guest
Aaron Schumm is founder and CEO of Vestwell. Aaron founded Vestwell in 2016 to close the American savings gap by modernizing the way individuals and small businesses save. Prior to Vestwell, Aaron co-founded FolioDynamix, which is now part of Envestnet (NYSE: ENV). He brings nearly 20 years of fintech and finserv experience from industry-leading companies including Northern Trust, Citigroup and Fiserv. Aaron obtained his MBA at Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, and has a B.S. in Finance from the University of Illinois.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.