Welcome to the third episode of Framework’s special behavioral finance series.
In this episode, Ana Trujillo Limón, Director, Coaching and Advisor Content, is joined by Daniel Crosby, Ph.D., Chief Behavioral Officer at Orion Advisor Solutions, for a glimpse into his experience with the behavioral finance industry and a discussion about the intersection of money and meaning. Dr. Crosby shares his journey from clinical psychology to finance, introducing the “three Bs” of a meaningful life and the four common behavioral errors in finance. He also talks about his upcoming book “The Soul of Wealth” and the importance of communication about finances in relationships, offering information about navigating these complex issues for advisors and clients.
- His journey into the psychological side of the financial industry
- The role money plays in the meaning of life
- The four most common behavioral errors: ego, emotion, attention, and conservatism
- How advisors can use behavioral finance as a mirror on their own behavior and practice what they preach to clients
- Balancing monetary wealth and soulful wealth
- Some of the challenges couples face when discussing money
- Behavioral finance training and certification programs recommended for advisors
- What advisors need to reframe their thinking about when it comes to behavioral finance
- And more
- The Behavioral Investor by Dr. Daniel Crosby
- The Soul of Wealth: 50 Reflections on Money and Meaning by Dr. Daniel Crosby
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- The Creative Act by Rick Rubin
- Orion’s BeFi20 Assessment Tool
- Orion Advisor Academy
Connect with Ana Trujillo Limón:
Connect with Daniel Crosby:
About our Guest:
Educated at Brigham Young and Emory Universities, Dr. Daniel Crosby is a psychologist and behavioral finance expert who helps organizations understand the intersection of mind and markets. Dr. Crosby recently co-authored a New York Times Best-Selling book titled, Personal Benchmark: Integrating Behavioral Finance and Investment Management.
Send us your questions, we’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.