When we think of jobs and the creation of opportunity, we often think about providing a way for people to work and earn an income. But more than income and stability, creating opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds can also give individuals and communities a sense of hope and dignity.
After the company she had been working for went through a crisis, Danika decided to regain her independence by launching her own company. Having the vision to make a difference in her clients’ lives and provide a safe learning environment for people who are interested in financial planning, she is now focused on growing and developing her business.
In today’s episode, Ana talks with Danika Waddell, President and Founder at Xena Financial Planning, about the story behind the founding of her business, why financial planning is a great career choice, and how she wants to make a positive impact on the lives of people from different backgrounds.
- What made Danika never rely on others financially.
- How she promotes awareness of financial planning as a profession.
- Her journey to starting her own financial planning company.
- How crisis can become an opportunity for business.
- Danika’s vision of making a difference in people’s lives.
- What Danika is passionate about.
- Her perspective on hiring and recruitment.
- The legacy Danika wants to leave behind.
“We all have our own reasons and journey for starting a business. But it has been incredibly important to me to have my clients have that same ability to create what they want to create in their lives. Having that freedom and control over your life and what’s important to you, just totally lit a fire under me.” – Danika Waddell
- Danika Waddell on LinkedIn
- Danila Waddell on Twitter
- Xena Financial Planning
- Mary Kate Gulick
- Latino Leadership Institute
- Jessica Harrington
- Stephanie Foster
- Berknell Financial
- Dasarte Yarnway