The U.S. economy has been showing signs of strength, despite the challenges posed by the pandemic and ever-evolving global uncertainties.
One of the most encouraging indicators is the unemployment rate, which fell to 3.7% in November.
What does this mean for the markets? What is the outlook for 2024?
In this episode, Ryan Detrick, Chief Market Strategist at Carson Group & Sonu Varghese, VP, Global Macro Strategist at Carson Group, explore the current state of the economy and job market, inflation, and market performance. They address the good news of the unemployment drop, the Federal Reserve’s approach to inflation, and the positive outlook for investors in 2024.
Ryan and Sonu discuss:
- The positive trends in the job market, highlighting the recent good news in employment numbers
- The significance of the JOLTS report, highlighting Jerome Powell’s concern over openings per unemployed worker
- The recent decrease in used car prices and its potential impact on inflation
- The current state of inflation and the Fed’s decision to keep rates high, with speculation on potential rate cuts in the future
- Why small caps and mid-caps have been outperforming
- The positive stock market indicators
- An anticipation for the Fed meeting and the discussion on potential rate cuts for 2024, as well as the upcoming CPI report
- And more!
- Any questions about the show? Send it to us! We’d love to hear from you! email@example.com
Connect with Ryan Detrick:
Connect with Sonu Varghese: