We are still fresh into 2019 and I’m looking forward to all the upcoming industry conferences this year.
I wasn’t always a conference-goer, but I changed my tune when I experienced firsthand the personal and professional benefits reaped by attending. They’re a great place to connect with people and you return to your business inspired, energized and bursting at the seams with ideas.
That’s the key to a successful conference experience – taking one or two ideas away from each conference to implement at work. I encourage and challenge you to re-invest in yourself in 2019. Schedule time out for personal development and growth. What better way to do that than attending some of my all-time favorite industry conferences.
I’ll be at all of these either as a speaker or attendee. See you there!
1. I’m a little biased here, but Excell is going to be fantastic this year. For the first time ever we’re having a consumer track so investors can join in on the inspiration, too. We’ve got a great lineup of speakers, including Michael Dubin, founder of the Dollar Shave Club. Don’t miss out! (May 8-10, 2019 | Chicago)
2. Barron’s Independent is top shelf. This invite-only conference for top independent advisors is always a good time. (March 20-22, 2019 | Salt Lake City)
3. National LINC is a high-energy conference hosted by TD Ameritrade. This one has lots of great meetings and content. (Feb. 6-8, 2019 | San Diego)
4. The FPA Annual Conference was really good last year, this year should be no different. (Oct. 16-18 | Minneapolis)
5. The T3 Advisor Conference was such a great experience bringing together financial advisors to talk and learn technology. Check out @t3techhub on Twitter for some great recaps. (Jan. 29-Feb. 1, 2019 | Denton, Texas)
If you’re looking for other great financial conferences, I recommend checking out Michael Kitces’ list of top advisor conferences.