Why is considering climate risk crucial in financial decision-making?
In this episode, Jamie Hopkins, Managing Partner of Wealth Solutions, is joined by guest co-host, Bonnie Treichel, Chief Solutions Officer at Endeavor Retirement to speak with Steven M. Rothstein, Managing Director, Accelerator at Ceres, Inc., about the importance of considering climate risks and opportunities in financial decision-making, particularly in banking, insurance, and pensions. Stephen emphasizes the need for investment portfolios to consider long-term climate change impacts. He highlights the lack of access to climate funds in 401(k) plans and the misconceptions surrounding ESG options in retirement plans.
- The importance of considering climate risks and opportunities in financial decision-making
- His path to Ceres and involvement with the organization
- What the accelerator program is, how it’s reaching the end investor, and how it’s addressing the climate risk in finance
- What risks the housing world is facing because of climate change
- The need for investment portfolios to consider long-term climate risks and opportunities
- What he’s doing to ensure that retirement savers have access to funds that account for the financial risks of climate change
- The pushback and misconceptions surrounding ESG options in retirement plans
- What regulatory actions are needed in capital markets, such as climate disclosure rules and higher reserve margins for riskier loans
- What is Climate Week and how you can participate in it
- Resources for financial advisors to learn more about integrating climate considerations into their work
- How he finds freedom in leaving a better world for future generations
- And more
- Bonnie Treichel: Saving and Spending in Retirement
- Bonnie Treichel: How to Enter the 401(k) Space
Connect with Ana Trujillo Limón:
Connect with Bonnie Treichel:
Connect with Steven M. Rothstein:
About our Guests:
Bonnie Treichel, JD, is the founder and chief solutions officer of Endeavor Retirement. Bonnie’s passion is sharing her knowledge with financial advisors. When she founded Endeavor Retirement, her goal was to make retirement legislation easy to understand. She keeps advisors updated on the rules and regulations through her webinars, presentations, and consultations. The result — advisors and consultants help more people access their retirement savings.
Steven M. Rothstein is the founding Managing Director of the Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets.
This episode of Framework was pre-recorded. At the time of recording Jamie Hopkins was affiliated with CWM, LLC. Jamie Hopkins is not currently registered with or affiliated with CWM, LLC.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.